Monday, November 1, 2010

Diary Entry


DIARY ENTRY: September 18th, 2010
Between you and me I am scared. I have been crying on his shoulder the past few days! This sucks! Not so much his illness (yes, that sucks, too!). Rather, my pathetic mourning process of the life that we once knew. Can't I just keep it to myself? Must I blubber on his shoulder? That's not right, after all, he's the one who is sick.
This is just one of those things that the true spirit seems to take over. I have dealt with loss in my life before and know there is something cathartic in the process of showing emotions. I truly believe that he might benefit from my outpouring of love and sadness.
He has not cried. But, he has put out a very strong shoulder that I may rest my head and, at times, blow my nose. I am crying for both of us. He rubs my shoulder and tells me, "It's alright".
That's is how we fall asleep. I wish I were more noble, somehow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this made me cry.I feel for you and your whole family. It truly shows how precious life really is and how each moment counts.

    Your Friend,
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ria, Thank You for your heartfelt comment!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete