Thursday, June 19, 2014

Every Breath Counts~ Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis- Discovery Channel- June 21st- 8:00 am ET/PT


Finally, an opportunity for others to learn about this disease.  Despite the many lives it affects, it is still relatively unknown.  People who suffer from this disease, as well as their family members, desperately want to live.  Many also want awareness and general understanding of what they have to go through. In this documentary is a little piece of all of our stories. 

I lost my beautiful husband to this disease and as I watched the trailer to this film, for a brief moment, I felt as though I am watching something that is affecting someone else.  It wasn't us- this wasn't our family....  But, it was us.  This was our family's story.  My family lost a father and husband to this disease and I can never hold his hand in mine again.   

When I think about the tremendous impact of this experience being multiplied by all the others who are still being diagnosed, I know that every bit of awareness is necessary.  Even if you have never heard of IPF, do try to watch this and discuss it with a friend. You never know how that one action might help to find a cure.  

With Love,

 ~Breathing

To watch a preview, Click:  http://everybreathcountsfilm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment