Sunday, November 22, 2015

Amazing Gift ~Written By Pamela De Loach

You know that moment in the morning before you are fully awake; I listen to my lungs - what a miracle! I can take a deep breath in and realize I can feel the air going in and filling up my lungs and then I can blow out my breath slowly. What an amazing gift!!!!!! Little over four years ago, I was fighting for every breath due to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Today is my fourth lung anniversary and, as always, my donor is my hero. Today I think of their family and I hope they realize what an amazing person their loved one was and the fact they saved my life and perhaps the lives of others. What a gift they gave my family!! It’s still sad to think they left our world but left behind amazing gifts and allow others to live on. The best way you could help me celebrate this anniversary is make sure you are a donor. My family, doctors and friends are my greatest support system. Thank you all.
 ~Pamela De Loach

No comments:

Post a Comment