Thursday, September 24, 2015

Keep On Keeping On! ~Written By: Denise Queen-Sackinger

On this day, 7 years ago I underwent an open lung biopsy because a pulmonologist assigned to me a month earlier while I was in the hospital with double pneumonia didn't like what he saw on my x-rays. And the rest, as they say, is history!
Like most diagnosed with this mess, I had been seeing my PC doc for over 2 years about a chronic cough. Like most, I had never heard of IPF. Like most, I was scared out of my mind when I got the results of the biopsy. But here I am, 7 years and still stable. I sleep with O2 and use it with exertion. I had to quit working 2-1/2 years ago due to the high stress job and the bone degeneration caused by Prednisone. But, I've beat the statistical odds and for that, I am grateful. My 1st grand daughter was 3 days old on this day 7 years ago. I was sure I would not see her walk, much less be the young gymnast she is. I went to her 7th birthday party this past Saturday and best of all, I have 3 more grand daughters; her baby sister and her 2 cousins. I am blessed.

It's not lost on me that September is the month I was diagnosed and it is PF Awareness month. The year after I found out about this disease there was a PF Awareness WEEK. We are making progress! I've met some great people on FB the past 7 years. I've made life-long friends; most I'll never meet. I've lost far too many. If you have the energy to be an active advocate for PF, I applaud you. If you are at a point where you can only tell one person, one PF fact, I applaud you. Love, peace and happiness.  
“Keep on Keeping On!"  Written By:  Denise Queen-Sackinger

**Thank You Denise, for allowing me to share your experience.  You're spirit is amazing and may you have many more blessings to come!  ~Breathing

No comments:

Post a Comment