Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Starry Night


Hello. I can't sleep tonight. My hubby is not doing very well and I can just see him becoming too tired to fight. It was about 10 months ago when he was diagnosed. I know these things are happening but it is truly difficult to wrap my mind around how quickly this disease has progressed.
 
I still see images in my mind of the strong, healthy, man that he was and it saddens me very much to realize that we only have precious little time left together. Sorry to be such a downer, but if he were to leave this world, I would understand. I just do not know how I will be able to cope without him. My best friend. I started his blog to get the word out about PF and to share his story,
 but I wonder if I was really able to do that?
 
I wish we had more time.
Thanks for listening...

2 comments:

  1. I am listening Chris and thinking of you all....saying prayers and sending you a big hug.

    Jeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    New to your blog - found it through the PFF FB page. Love your sentiments/postings on this and on your River Rose blog, as well -- and also your music (Beatles, CSN, etc.). I checked out your blog because I was missing my dad this weekend. My wonderful father died last June of IPF. I feel so badly for you, because I had him all of my years and he was 89 when he died. So sorry that your husband is so young and his days are short. My parents' 62nd anniversary would have been Sunday. I wish you much strength as you and your husband take this hard, hard journey together.

    ReplyDelete